Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

163 days and counting.....

Til I marry the most wonderful man in the world!

Who says the second time around is more difficult? Complicated? Yes. Trying to meld to complete households and families is a logistical nightmare, but we are managing with the help of three very easy-going kids. To ease the pain of giving up some of his bedroom space, mine has been bribed with bunkbeds and mom's old computer. Not only did it seem to work, but he seems pretty psyched to have HTB's rats visit on the weekends and breaks. Yay!

Planning for the wedding seems to be going along just as well...keeping with the KISS attitude, it's actually fun. This is a complete change from my first wedding where I became stressed and obsessed with stupid details. I have learned that people either do not care or realize that the colour of the decorations match the colour of the napkins. That as long as there is food, something to drink and a place to sit...most people will be happy, and those who complain would do so regardless.

Things I am looking forward to at our wedding:
*Seeing my HTB as I am walking down the aisle.
*Seeing our wedding bands on and knowing they will be there for the rest of our lives.
*Dancing with my son.
*Being surrounded by the people who love us most - friends and family, and friends who are like family.

3 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

Ha! My final marriage took place in the back yard of a Massachusetts farm house, the buffet was set on half the ping-pong table in the living room (cuz who was my sister - whose home we were in - trying to impress?), and we had seafood newburg AND chocolate cheesecake.

Mostly we remember about being all together, sharing an amazing day, and what better way to launch your lives together than with heaps and mounds of love. The rest is inconsequential.

May you be as happy as we are. And more.

8:20 PM  
Blogger ptooey said...

Simple. Yeah, that's definitely the way to go.

Because we are people of discriminating taste, my wife and I were married in my parents' backyard by her uncle, the Baptist minister.

Then we roasted a pig and drank a whole bunch of beer. It was a blast.

Much happiness to both of you.

9:36 AM  
Blogger CoffeeGirl said...

BHD - I *love* that... "final marriage" - I may have to borrow that term if I may....

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home