Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tis the Season

There is nothing more "Christmassy" (is that really a word?) than watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It has become my tradition to watch the cartoon the night we put up the Christmas tree and sing along to all the goofy songs. I'm hooked. I can't help it. Sometimes I feel like my heart is 2 sizes too small...I can relate.

A few months ago while partaking in my favorite Sunday pasttime...sitting in jammies with a cup of coffee, BF reading afat New York Times....something jumped out at me. The Grinch was going to be on Broadway! ( check out www.thegrinchmusical.com wOOt! (to steal my Bf's fav computer expression) I showed the ad to my son, whom I am also grooming to be a huge Grinch fan, and he was psyched. Tickets were purchased for the day after his birthday, thus beginning our holiday season in full swing.

I have to tell you...it was awesome. I am not really sure who was more excited afterwards - him, me or the BF. It might have been me, even though it was a first B'way show for the both of them. The show stayed very true to Suess' original, and was very cleverly adapted for stage.

Afterwards, dinner at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory. Here's a bit of parental advise: If your kid embarrasses easily, it might not be such a good idea to have the waitstaff sing "Happy Birthday". Mine wanted to crawl under the table during the whole production. Mental note...sing only at home next year!

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.You're a bad bananaWith a greasy black peel.
You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.I wouldn't touch you, with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetnessOf a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.Given the choice between the two of youI'd take the seasick crockodile.
You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.Mr. Grinch.
The three words that best describe you,are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk.
"You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splotWith moldy purple spots,Mr. Grinch.
Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowingwith the most disgraceful assortment of deplorablerubbish imaginable,Mangled up in tangled up knots.
You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockeyAnd you drive a crooked horse.
Mr. Grinch.You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstoolsandwichWith arsenic sauce.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home