Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Cosmic Twins....

It began simply enough on a website. The year is 1999 and I am pregnant with my son. Being the neurotic first-time-mom- to-be, I spent all my free time (or rather the time that I was not puking my guts up) searching the internet for useful information about bringing up baby. Somewhere, I came across a website that advertised "A Penpal for Life for Your Baby". The idea was simple: you gave them your name, due date and email address and they match you with someone who is close to your due date. I signed up, and a few weeks later I get an email from this woman in Australia who is due right around the same time as me. This is her second baby - an old pro.

Right from the start we knew we were destined to be best friends. It was like we had known each other for years. Cosmic Twins. Our lives were so similar it was scary. We ended up having our kids 9 days apart. Hers - a blonde beauty named Mikayla and mine a blue eyed cutie named Alex. We've dreamed that someday the kids will meet and instantly fall in love and get married - all because their Mommies met on the internet.

It has been 6 years since I began talking to Bec. I am Auntie Kir to her kids and a long distance member of her family - and she to mine. Insitinctivly, and a half a world away, we know when the other is having a bad day, needs a virtual hug or a shoulder to cry on.

How can it be that a person you have never met, be your sister, best friend, therapist and person who understands you the best?

One wish? To get to Aussie Land and meet her and my Aussie family. ...Someday...............


"A good friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg, even though you are slightly cracked."

1 Comments:

Blogger BecF said...

If you were trying to make me cry you succeeded!!!
Love ya heaps hun.
Love n Hugz
Bec
x0x0x0x0

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home