Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Peer Pressure?

Ok, so I have been introduced to the world of "blogging" by my boyfriend and two of my best friends. I have resisted for a number of reasons.

#1 What could I possibly write (type) that would be even REMOTELY interesting to read?
#2 If I manage to actually think of something even remotely interesting to write, then who would WANT to read it in the first place?

So that being said, this could be the first of many, or the last one I ever post. We'll see what happens.

I live in what I believe is one of the prettiest spots in New York - Historic Hudson Valley. This time of year especially brings out the best in the area. The leaves create a beautiful, multi-coloured background for Fall festivals, apple picking and pumpkin carving events. Some people thrive in the summer months, this is my time. I like nothing better than to throw on an oversized sweater and take a walk on the many trails around my house. Alas, working two jobs and being a mom to a very active soon-to-be 6 year old does not give me alot of time to actually do that, but it is always a nice thought.

Let's see... other important facts about me:
-Recently divorced, was a case of right time, wrong guy. Somehow though, I managed to get a very happy ending out of a rather long, boring story. Thanks to the internet, I met Prince Charming. Still not quite sure how the hell it happened, but when he showed up on his white horse (ok - 1999 Nissan Altima), it was love at first sight. (I swear it *can* happen!)

-I have a serious coffee addiction. It started in 9th grade and has gotten worse through the years. I don't try and fight it...it is my only addiction in life and other than being a drain on my wallet when I go to Starbucks too often, it is really quite harmless. Well, let me re-think that; harmless as long as I remain caffinated at all times. It can get ugly if there is not a warm coffee mug within at least 10 feet of me at all times. :-)

-My other passion in life is shared between figure skating and dancing. I used to be serious about both. I was the typical little girl who wanted to be a ballerina when she grew up. And grow up, I did....to almost 6 feet! After years of classes, cramming my feet into toe shoes and hours on the rink (most of which I spent with my butt on the ice) my knees gave out and I could not keep up to the pace I once could. At 35, I consider myself very lucky to still be able to go out on a rink for a session and get the peaceful feeling of being able to just glide around.


"We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves." Lynn Hall

3 Comments:

Blogger ResearchGuy® said...

Amazing what one can accomplish when browbeaten, cajoled, and threatened.

11:47 PM  
Blogger BecF said...

pmsl..I agree! See all the fun you can have now hun?!?!?!

Love n Hugz
Bec

1:20 AM  
Blogger BecF said...

errr....you are supposed to update your blog hun! LOL

Love n Hugz
Bec

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home