Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Spongebob, Iceskates, Krabby Patties & Turkey


The end of two very long weeks has finally come. Alex's 6th birthday finally arrived after months of planning. To save me some grief, money and days of obsessive planning, I decided to tone his yearly bash to manageable chaos. One of the things he and I dearly love to do is ice skate, so what better place to have a party than at the local rink? The guest list was scaled down to 17 kids (13 of whom showed up). He had a blast! Pizza and my homemade Krabby Patty cake were devoured and the kids all got an hour group lesson from one of the coaches. Set up and clean up were taken care of by the rink staff - so my part was considerably easy. Alex got a ton of presents - and top of the list were a Spongebob TV/DVD player and an MP3 player from the BF.

Thanksgiving this year for me was a bit strange. Since this was the first year my ex and I had to split holidays, he got Alex for the day. What honestly saved me was that my BF, his mom and his kids (aka "the Rats") came over, so I got to cook my big dinner. It was a lot of fun and all about what the day should be.
FOOD - FAMILY - AND LOTS OF LOVE Alex and I both survived the first of many holidays apart, and although we weren't together we were both in each other's hearts.

2 Comments:

Blogger bhd said...

That had to be tough, to be apart. Good on you for focusing on what you had, not on what you didn't.

7:14 PM  
Blogger BecF said...

Aww hun..that is tough but I am so proud of you! Like bhd said, at least you are focusing on what you had..and thats so important for both you and Alex!!

Sounds like Alex had a great birthday!!!
But.... yet another birthday passes by that I don't get to see your young man grow and give him hugz...I hope one day I will be there to celebrate with him!
Love n hugz
Bec

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home