Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Work in Progress....







It happens to me this time every year, and it can't be stopped. When the weather starts to get warmer, I get this unexplainable urge to redecorate my house. I'm not talking moving a little furniture, adding a throw rug.....I'm talking about paint, spackle and the involvement of power tools. Normally, I look forward to this time of year, but this year with a full time job, a 6 year old with a busy social schedule and a wedding to plan, I'm overwhelmed. But apparently that does not stop me. Sunday morning I went into my downstairs powder room and spontaniously decided that the wallpaper that we put up almost 10 years ago is ugly, out of date and making its own way off the wall. I couldn't help myself... there was this teeny tny little corner curling up. Without any second guessing, I tore the whole sheet off. It felt goooooood. I grabbed another sheet and went to town. Before I knew it there was a puddle of gold and purple flowered paper on the floor at my feet.



HTB by the way, just stood at the doorway shaking his head...amused? or terrified at the realization that he is about to be stuck with me for the rest of his life!


The kind people at Wallauer (who are somewhat used to me and my whims at this point) were ever so helpful in assisting to get the right product ot get the paste off the walls. Armed with two spray bottles of DIF and a coffee....I got it all off. The walls survived the scraping fairly well, but I needed to do some patch work.


It is now Wednesday, and hopefully I can get the last bit of sanding done and begin painting. I chose Benjamin Moore "Somerville Red"... If all goes well, I will post the final product by Friday.


Anyone taking bets to see if I finish by the weekend????

1 Comments:

Blogger ResearchGuy® said...

Sunday. We WILL finish by end of day on Sunday.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home