Be a coffee drinking individual and...espresso yourself!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

All Grown Up

As I have said before, there are certain "firsts" that I have stored away in my memory banks. First Christmas, First Day of School, First Word (or in my kid's case...first sentence) First Steps, First Lost Tooth....these were all biggies in my book. Yesterday though was another. More like a rite of passage of sorts.

*Phone Rings*
"Hello?"
"Is this Alex's Mom?"
"Yes."
"May I speak to Alex, this is Nicholas from school"

Maybe this is not such a big deal in most people's worlds, but I thought it was huge that a friend from school actually called to talk. As any good parent would, I stood outside my son's door and eavesdropped. The convo went for about 20 minutes, and I swear I had to keep from laughing out loud the entire time. they talked about video games, the Naked Brother's Band, the MP3 player my fiancee got him, what Veronica (the love of his life) wore to school today and homework. As the exchange was coming to an end, he said, "Ok, catch ya at school on Monday."

...and did I mention that he is only 6?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home